To accelerate the growth of the business and to professionalize the organization, Vertoro is currently seeking a CFO/COO to help drive the company through this next phase.
The CFO/COO will play a critical role in charting the path towards future growth and success of Vertoro. (S)he will professionalize the (financial) infrastructure that will serve as the foundation for the company’s growth and build a first-class, data-driven organization that improves decision making.
The CFO/COO will actively lead the ambitious agenda, run point on financial planning & analysis, enlarge business intelligence capabilities, strengthen and manage (together with team) the day-to-day finance & business operations. Activities will include capital fundraising, financial planning, financial reporting, treasury-related activities, business controlling and strategic (investment) analysis. (S)he will ensure that key stakeholders, including the investors, receive accurate and timely financial information to provide for accountability and facilitate effective decision-making.
Together with the management board, (s)he will be responsible for achieving operational excellence in all aspects of Vertoro’s business from negotiating commercial contracts, to ensuring smooth operations. (S)he will grow into a statutory director position, appointed by the supervisory board.
The Ideal candidate – Experience & Background
- At least 12 years of experience, in a high-performance environment (e.g. top tier strategy consulting, asset/project finance, private equity or venture capital) or executive/management team experience at a startup or scale-up or entrepreneurial experience within a larger organization;
- Has built or rebuilt (finance) organizations and scalable processes, while positioning the company for growth;
- Passion for sustainability. Affinity with the energy transition sector. Understanding of projects/ assets/ companies operating in the energy sector is a strong plus;
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Comfortable in a dynamic and fast changing setting;
- Enthusiastic team player, excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Broad technical knowledge and capable of switching easily from keeping overview to entering into details; from supervision to hands on troubleshooting;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in finance, technology, business or similar.
What we offer
- An unique opportunity to shape the journey of a bio-based startup to grow;
- Working within a rapidly growing, game changing business;
- Be part of the management board which reports to the supervisory board and grow into a statutory director role;
- Office at Brightlands Chemelot Campus (Geleen) and possibility to work at an office space in Rotterdam (soon to open).
To apply for this role, please submit your motivation letter and CV before February 7 to Lempers@pure-executivesearch.nl
At Vertoro, we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vertoro BV is an innovative start-up company, active in developing, producing and selling a lignocellulosic-based platform product, with ambitious goals and plans for 2021 and beyond. This technology is currently being piloted at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus and is preparing for demonstration facilities. Lignocellulosic biomass products applications under development include more sustainable types of polyurethane, phenolic resins, thermoplastics, cracker feed, and various energy products. The company is ready to enter the market with various product combinations.