Vertoro is strengthening its R&D and QC team in the field of biorefining and analytical biobased chemistry, and therefore looking for a Senior Lab Technician.
- Lab & bench scale operations on biomass conversion.
- Apply and develop analytical protocols on feedstock and final products.
- Performing polymerizations, polymer blending and materials characterization.
- In charge of daily lab management, chemicals registration, lab safety and small equipment maintenance.
The Ideal candidate – Experience & Background
- Highly motivated with on-hands experience Chemist.
- HBO with 5 years of experience or MBO with 10 years of experience in managing/working on an R&D lab with preferably quality control experience.
- Ideally experienced in working with lignocellulosic biomass, materials synthesis, and characterization.
- Strong practical knowledge on analytical (GC, HPLC, NMR, GPC, UV-vis) and materials characterization techniques (mechanical and thermal testing).
- Preferred to have some experience in managing the lab (safety, ordering and registration of chemicals, small equipment maintenance).
- Energetic, dynamic, hands-on self-starter.
- Focused, organized, good planner and coordinator.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- The candidate has to have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands, if applicable.
What we offer
- Attractive salary and work conditions.
- Work in creative, dynamic and stimulating start-up environment.
- Working and collaborating within a vibrant Brightlands Chemelot Campus ecosystem.
- Opportunities to grow and develop further, lead a team of technicians in the future.
- Interaction with experts in the field.
Please apply at email@example.com and we will contact you. In case you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us.
At Vertoro, we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vertoro BV is an innovative start-up company, active in developing, producing and selling a lignocellulosic-based platform product, with ambitious goals and plans for 2021 and beyond. This technology is currently being piloted at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus and is preparing for demonstration facilities. Lignocellulosic biomass products applications under development include more sustainable types of polyurethane, phenolic resins, thermoplastics, cracker feed, and various energy products. The company is ready to enter the market with various product combinations.