The cooperation aims to stimulate the development and commercialisation of lignin-containing asphalt, thereby contributing to the greening of the road construction industry and thus reducing CO2. Read more: biobaseddelta.nl
The Blue Tulip Awards is a year-round ecosystem-driven program aiming to accelerate innovators, build powerful collaborations, and drive breakthrough innovation. Goldilocks will be presented at the Blue Tulip Awards 2020. Read more: Presenting the Blue Tulip Awards...
A vast amount of CO 2 is emitted by fossil oil resources, which is one of the factors causing a global climate change. Forming an oil from natural components can be considered as CO 2 neutral. Especially lignin can be of interest for this, since it is currently seen...
We are very proud to be one of the companies to present at this year's Waste2Materials conference on Tuesday May 28th at the Worldhotel Wings in Rotterdam. The conference will highlight the need for value chains chains to become more sustainable and propose some steps...
https://youtu.be/JFdxihcZCKU Our feature story for Worldwide Business with kathy ireland® is scheduled to air on Fox Business Network as sponsored content and Bloomberg International! The video includes scenes shot with members of our team and various stakeholders in...
YET 2018 actively looked for fifty top talents (ten from each country). These talents must be between the ages of 18 to 35 and must have demonstrated their capabilities (doctoral degree, special recognitions, excellent results or scientific successes, etc.) in their...
In our new study, just published in "Topics in Catalysis", we demonstrated why the techno-economics of complex chemistry, while promising in the lab, turned out to be poorer than expected when designing for a demo or commercial scale plant. As a result, we decided to...
Benelux Venture Forum 2018 is a wrap! We had an amazing experience the past two days 50+ (inter)national investors and 40+ selected start-ups and scale-ups have engaged in various activities at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus, Brightlands Smart Services Campus, and...
Vertoro believes the bio-based economy will require a platform product, being a crude oil, which can be readily transported over long distances, at low cost, and by means of existing assets (e.g., pipe lines, tankers). As is the case for any nascent boom market, the...
Bio-phenol (e.g., from lignin) is something of a holy grail in biomass valorization. Reducing benzene content in gasoline - without compromising the octane number - is a top priority for the petrochemical industry. Our new paper in ACS Catalysis demonstrates that both...
Vertoro site is now live at Vertoro.com 🙂
- Cooperation with Sekab; Vertoro will be one of the largest producers of commercially available lignin-based products.
- Vertoro was featured on Bloomberg International and Fox Business News in Worldwide Business.
- Finalist of the Enlightenmentz 2019 award by Petrochem.
- Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, was awarded with One Young World Scholarship by Shell, using Vertoro as case study. The award connects outstanding young leaders working to positively impact the challenges faced by our society today within sustainability, climate change, and social inequality.
- Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, was chosen as CAS (American Chemical Society) Future Leader.
- Vertoro received a Take-off Phase 2 Grant (€ 250k) from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NOW) to support business activities and perform R&D activities for making the current chemical industry more sustainable.
- Finalist of the TechTour European Venture Contest, Europe’s leading network and investment event for high-growth tech startups, venture capital investors, and technological corporations.
- Finalist of the Bio-Based Chemical of the Year 2018, by Bio-Based World News.
- Finalist of the Gouden KIEM 2018, prize for the best collaboration in chemistry between a startup and a knowledge institution, from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NWO).
- Vertoro co-founder & CTO, Panos Kouris, and Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, were selected as Young European Talents in the field of Science from the Netherlands.
- Vertoro received a Take-off Phase 1 Grant (€ 40k) from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (now) for the realization of a feasibility study.
- Vertoro‘s scientific advisor, Emiel Hensen, was elected as fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for his outstanding contribution to the advancement of the chemical sciences.
- Vertoro was founded. Signing of investor term sheet for seed funding only 4 months after incorporation.