Read more about Vertoro's business model and vision in an interview with Olga Koltsova. https://innovationorigins.com/making-crude-oil-from-paper-pulp-vertoro-makes-this-green-gold/
Vertoro has just been nominated one of the 20 most promising new Dutch technology startups by popular science magazine "KIJK" 🙂 Please vote for your favorite startup by clicking on the link below. #voting#dutch#popularscience
On May 30th, Vertoro celebrated its first birthday. As we mature, so too must our website. Our new site, launched today, is more professional, mobile friendly and includes a blog, via which we will share relevant developments in our firm.
- Vertoro was featured on Bloomberg International and Fox Business News in Worldwide Business.
- Finalist of the Enlightenmentz 2019 award by Petrochem.
- Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, was awarded with One Young World Scholarship by Shell, using Vertoro as case study. The award connects outstanding young leaders working to positively impact the challenges faced by our society today within sustainability, climate change, and social inequality.
- Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, was chosen as CAS (American Chemical Society) Future Leader.
- Vertoro received a Take-off Phase 2 Grant (€ 250k) from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NOW) to support business activities and perform R&D activities for making the current chemical industry more sustainable.
- Finalist of the TechTour European Venture Contest, Europe’s leading network and investment event for high-growth tech startups, venture capital investors, and technological corporations.
- Finalist of the Bio-Based Chemical of the Year 2018, by Bio-Based World News.
- Finalist of the Gouden KIEM 2018, prize for the best collaboration in chemistry between a startup and a knowledge institution, from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NWO).
- Vertoro co-founder & CTO, Panos Kouris, and Vertoro’s CBO, Dannie van Osch, were selected as Young European Talents in the field of Science from the Netherlands.
- Vertoro received a Take-off Phase 1 Grant (€ 40k) from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (now) for the realization of a feasibility study.
- Vertoro‘s scientific advisor, Emiel Hensen, was elected as fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for his outstanding contribution to the advancement of the chemical sciences.
- Vertoro was founded. Signing of investor term sheet for seed funding only 4 months after incorporation.